Swiss military museum

Sehenswerte Museen oder Ausstellungen, sowie Ehemalige Schlachtfelder.

Moderator: Hagelhans

Swiss military museum

Beitragvon Parsifal am Mo 02 Nov, 2009 11:07

Hi,

I've been wondering about the Swiss Military museum near Koblenz just south of the German border. Does anybody know if their Konigstiger is available for viewing? As far as I know they are restoring it but don't know if its in exhibition.
Best regards,

Andrew
Parsifal
Rekrut

Re: Swiss military museum

Beitragvon troupier suisse am Mo 02 Nov, 2009 13:26

The Schweizer Militärmuseum Full actually is restoring the Königstiger. But it will take some time until the tank is ready to show. Anyway, the museum is informing about the project on a own website about their famous tank: http://www.koenigstiger.ch/ Visitors can see the Königstiger in the main hall of the museum (during opening time). The restoration is a kind of public event.
troupier suisse
Site Admin

Beitragvon dustoff am Mo 02 Nov, 2009 13:55

Direct link to the mueseum homepage ---> http://www.festungsmuseum.ch/

Sadly the museum is closed till 1st weekend of April 2010.

In winter each saturday you can go and do some restauration work on different projects ....
Gruss
Danielle

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
dustoff
Vietnam

Beitragvon Parsifal am Mo 02 Nov, 2009 23:31

Thanks for reminding me! I knew of the webpage but had forgotten to check when they closed for the season.
I think you have to be a paying member of the panzer reconstruction crew to help out with it. I don't imagine they have a shortage of people willing to grind welds all day just to be close to the legendary Konigstiger.
Cheers,

Andrew
Parsifal
Rekrut

Beitragvon dustoff am Di 03 Nov, 2009 07:10

I don't think you have to pay to work on the King Tiger .... its more the problem that you can't choose the work you want to do ... I helped the museum 3 winters and then I gave up the work as I could do only restoration work that was boring or I did not like. I thought I can use my free time doing things for myself instead of freezing myself to death in the cold. Yes, the space they work in winter is unheated ..... :-k
Gruss
Danielle

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
dustoff
Vietnam

Zurück zu Museen & Schlachtfelder